English Pub to Pub Cycling & hiking Tour
8 days . Dates TBD. $3,500*
OVERVIEW OF THE TOUR
A wonderful opportunity to experience the very best of Britain. Choose either the cycling or hiking option and prepare to be amazed by the beauty of the countryside from the quaint thatched roof villages of Oxfordshire, through to the rolling hills and market towns of Northamptonshire and finally the dramatic scenery of the Peak District National Park. We stay at old fashioned country inns and traditional pubs, visit castles, palaces and ancient churches, sample the best of British cuisine (award winning gastro-pubs, traditional pies, English cheeses, puddings, pasties and of course fish and chips) and enjoy delicious picnic lunches overlooking the most beautiful views you can hope for. This trip is simply awesome!
- Lodging in carefully selected historic country inns and old fashioned pubs
- Substantial breakfasts every day
- 6 lunches (usually picnic style lunch)
- 6 evening dinners
- Pre tour: CCSD guide to the areas we stay and their history
- Melton Mowbray Pie Shoppe tour and tasting
- Melton Cheeseboard tasting
- Brewery tour and tasting with drinks and meat & cheese platter to follow
- Entry to Blenheim Palace (birthplace of Winston Churchill)
- Entry to Althorp House (resting place and ancestral home of Princess Diana)
- Entry to Chatsworth House (home of the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire)
- On the road professional support and follow car for cyclists
- Daily GPS files and maps for cyclists and hikers
- Snacks, drinks and sports nutrition
- Light mechanical support
- All transportation and luggage handling
- Airfare and travel to Heathrow International Airport
- One lunch on your own (London day)
- One evening dinner on night at your leisure
- Bikes rental (this can be easily arranged though – please contact us for details)
- Personal incidentals, phone, hotel minibar charges, etc.
- Travel insurance (we highly recommend taking out a travel insurance package)
- Alcoholic drinks with meals (except brewery tour)
AVERAGE DAILY MILEAGE AND TERRAIN
Rides are usually around 40 miles daily, over a mixed terrain of rolling hills, cycle paths and steeper climbs.
Hikes might be a City or Cultural tour through to country walks in gently rolling countryside or some more challenging hikes in the Peak District.
July is one of the best months for weather in the UK, with temperatures between 60 and 75 degrees. It’s the UK so we can’t promise sun every day but July is usually a nice month for being outdoors and we generally have many beautiful days to enjoy.
FLIGHTS & TRANSFERS
Please contact us before booking your flights. We will advise of the best arrival time to match our arranged pick up and transfer times. Arrival outside of scheduled times may incur an additional charge.
Places are limited on this trip as country inns and pubs tend to be small, with a limited number of rooms. We therefore advise early registration to hold your place. Places can be reserved with just a $500 deposit / person.
* Based on sharing a hotel room. Single supplement payable $699
Please see HERE for our tour policies / cancellation policy etc.
For more information, contact email@example.com (917) 355 1317