Saturday, March 16, 2013
Come and join CCSD for some ‘fun’ to celebrate St Patrick’s day and ride Mount Palomar as part of either the Punishment route or Punishment Plus
Pick from 2 routes:
‘Punishment’ – 68 miles, 6,800 ft
‘Punishment Plus’ - 92 miles, 8,500 ft
…or sign up for a CCSD training camp and get a free entry!
CCSD camp details HERE
*Entry fee prior to Feb 14, 2013. Entry fee from February 15 (& OTD)- $59
Features of the event
- Our legendary SAG stations
- Jo’s Irish soda bread, home-made potato leek soup and delicious baked items are a hit every year!
- Palomar KOM and QOM challenges
- test your grimpeur status on the mighty Mount Palomar with our Strava hill climb contest. Trophys for the fastest male and female climbers.
- Palomar Observatory
- Worth the extra climbing to visit the ‘real’ summit of Palomar. An extra 10 miles of beautiful and quiet roads up to the Observatory
- Cole Grade Road
- Used in Stage 8 of the Tour of California, Cole Grade is not a climb to be taken lightly! Watch the ToC clip HERE
- Lake Wohlford Climb
- A little leg stretcher to warm you up for the big one.
- Unique awards for all riders who complete the short or long route
- Swag bag with great giveaways
- St Paddy’s Palomar Punishment embroidered t-shirts or hooded sweatshirts available for finishers
What past riders have said:
“Palomar Punishment lived up to its name. Oh yeah! The delicious bread was such an awesome treat at the top of Palomar. You guys rock!”
“One of the “funnest” group rides I’ve been on. Looking forward to more!
P.S. are there any more cookies left? “
“thanks so much for a sweet sweet sufferfest”
“It was a delight: the people the support and the scenery”
Maps and Profiles:
‘Punishment Plus’ Route
- Start & Finish: Kit Carson Park, 3333 Bear Valley Pkwy, Escondido, CA 92025
- Start Time: 8am to 9am. Registration packet pick up from 7am.
- Short route option: 68 miles, 6,800 ft. Escondido, Lake Wohlford, Palomar South Grade, Cole Grade, Escondido
- Long route option: 92 miles 8,500 ft. Escondido, Lake Wohlford, Palomar South Grade, Palomar Observatory, Palomar East Grade, Cole Grade, Escondido
More detailed information on the event will be sent to registered participants.