Saturday, March 22, 2014
Come and join CCSD for some ‘fun’ to celebrate St Patrick’s day. Conquer Mount Palomar on your bike then join our Irish Party at the finish
NEW ROUTE OPTIONS FOR 2014
‘Pain’ – 55 miles, 7,500 ft
‘Punishment’ – 64 miles, 8,500 ft
‘Punishment Plus’ – 80 miles, 10,000 ft
‘Supreme Punishment’ – 97 miles, 11,000 ft
(full route details will be sent to registered participants)
NEW CHARITY FOR 2014
10% of proceeds this year will go directly to Escondido Humane Society. This year the event will start and finish at their headquarters in Escondido.
FINISH LINE PARTY
Live Irish Band
Pasta and salad buffet (free for all riders)
Thanks to Stone Brewing Co. for sponsoring the beer tent. All profits go to the Humane Society
Bring friends and family to join in our Pet Expo at the finish
Best ‘Irish costume’ dressed pet
Best dressed pet
Create your own pet poster
Pet clothing and product vendors
Dog fashion show
Online registration for individuals is closed, but you can register on the day of.
Day of registration is $75.
You can register at the start.
Team Entry $490 (10 riders)
*Entry fee prior to Feb 14, 2014. Entry fee from February 15, 2014 – $59.
Entry fee on the day $75 (please try to register in advance to help us with food / SAG estimates), we will keep entry open as late as possible to facilitate this). Please note that there are limited places left for on the day entry.
- Our legendary SAG stations - Jo’s Irish soda bread, home-made foods and delicious baked items are a hit every year!
- Palomar KOM and QOM challenges - test your grimpeur status on the mighty Mount Palomar with out Strava hill climb contest. Trophies for fastest male and female.
- Palomar Observatory – worth the extra climbing to visit the ‘real’ summit of Palomar. An extra 9 miles of beautiful road.
- Cole Grade Road – used in Stage 8 of the Tour of California, Cole Grade is not a climb to be taken lightly! Watch the ToC clip HERE
- Woods Valley Road – beautiful!
- Medals – for all riders
- Swag bag – for all advance registered riders
- Great spot prizes – see below for our current list
SPOT PRIZES (must register in advance to qualify)
1. Register in advance to make sure you have a swag bag stuffed with cool giveaways
2. Check your swag bag for our ‘golden ticket gifts’ from our sponsors including:
Hincapie Podium Cap
The Feed Zone Cook Book, by Allen Lim and Bijou Thomas
WD-40 Bike Care products
Lilly Lube premium bike chain lubricant
SKLZ Technical T-shirt
Where Is Walter? Club memberships
15 minute massage from Cyclists Massage (at the finish)
Muscle Aid Tape
Pet Gift Basket from Paradise Pet Hospital in Las Vegas
+ more to come
St Paddy’s Palomar Punishment T-shirts
Purchase your St Paddy’s Palomar Punishment T-shirt in advance HERE
WHAT PAST RIDERS HAVE SAID!
“Palomar Punishment lived up to its name. Oh yeah! The delicious bread was such an awesome treat at the top of Palomar. You guys rock!”
“One of the “funnest” group rides I’ve been on. Looking forward to more!
P.S. are there any more cookies left? “
“thanks so much for a sweet sweet sufferfest”
“It was a delight: the people the support and the scenery”
MAPS AND PROFILES
Detailed maps and profiles released soon
‘Pain‘ route: Escondido, Woods Valley, Palomar South Grade (up & down), Cole Grade
‘Punishment‘ route: Escondido, Woods Valley, Palomar South Grade (up & down), Palomar Observatory, Cole Grade
‘Punishment Plus‘ route: Escondido, Woods Valley, Palomar South Grade (up), Palomar Observatory, Palomar East Grade (down), Cole Grade
NEW ‘Supreme Punishment‘ route: Escondido, Woods Valley, Palomar South Grade (up), Palomar Observatory, Palomar East Grade (down), Cole Grade, Lilac Road, Old Castle Road, Old 395
- Start & Finish: Escondido Humane Society | 3450 East Valley Parkway, Escondido CA 92027
- Start Time: 7.00am to 8.30am. Registration packet pick up from 6.30am.
- Starts will be in waves at 5 minute intervals, starting at 7.00am. Sign up for a start time will be on a first come first served basis unless you have a team entry.
- Please note, only advanced registered riders are guaranteed a swag bag stuffed with cool items
- Volunteers??: Yes, we’re always looking for cool people to help out with our events. In return we can offer a free entry into one of our cycling events or a free day at one of our training camps.
More detailed information on the event will be sent to registered participants.