Saturday, March 7, 2015
Come and join CCSD for some ‘fun’ to celebrate St Patrick’s day (yes it’s a little early in 2015 but we have a full calendar of events!). Conquer Mount Palomar on your bike then join our Irish Party at the finish
SAME FANTASTIC ROUTES AS 2014
‘Pain’ – 55 miles, 7,500 ft
‘Punishment’ – 64 miles, 8,500 ft
‘Punishment Plus’ – 80 miles, 10,000 ft
‘Supreme Punishment’ – 97 miles, 11,000 ft
(full route details will be sent to registered participants)
SUPPORTING ESH ONCE AGAIN
10% of proceeds will once again go directly to Escondido Humane Society. The event will start and finish at their headquarters in Escondido.
FINISH LINE PARTY
Live Irish Band
Pasta and salad buffet (free for all riders)
Thanks to Stone Brewing Co. for sponsoring the beer tent. All profits go to the Humane Society
Prior to December 31, 2014: $49
Prior to Feb 14, 2015: $59
Prior to March 5, 2015: $69
Day of registration is $75.
You can register at the start.
Team Entry gets 20% off (10 riders)
- Our legendary SAG stations - Jo’s Irish soda bread, home-made foods and delicious baked items are a hit every year!
- Palomar KOM and QOM challenges - test your grimpeur status on the mighty Mount Palomar with out Strava hill climb contest. Trophies for fastest male and female.
- Palomar Observatory – worth the extra climbing to visit the ‘real’ summit of Palomar. An extra 9 miles of beautiful road.
- Cole Grade Road – used in Stage 8 of the Tour of California, Cole Grade is not a climb to be taken lightly! Watch the ToC clip HERE
- Woods Valley Road – beautiful!
- Medals – for all riders
- Swag bag – for all advance registered riders
- Great spot prizes – see below for our current list
SPOT PRIZES (must register in advance to qualify)
1. Register in advance to make sure you have a swag bag stuffed with cool giveaways
2. Check your swag bag for our ‘golden ticket gifts’ from our sponsors.
Last year we had all sorts of cool spot prizes stuffed into pre registered gift bags. Make sure you register in advance to qualify.
WHAT PAST RIDERS HAVE SAID!
“Palomar Punishment lived up to its name. Oh yeah! The delicious bread was such an awesome treat at the top of Palomar. You guys rock!”
“One of the “funnest” group rides I’ve been on. Looking forward to more!
P.S. are there any more cookies left? “
“thanks so much for a sweet sweet sufferfest”
“It was a delight: the people the support and the scenery”
MAPS AND PROFILES
Detailed maps and profiles released soon
‘Pain‘ route: Escondido, Woods Valley, Palomar South Grade (up & down), Cole Grade
‘Punishment‘ route: Escondido, Woods Valley, Palomar South Grade (up & down), Palomar Observatory, Cole Grade
‘Punishment Plus‘ route: Escondido, Woods Valley, Palomar South Grade (up), Palomar Observatory, Palomar East Grade (down), Cole Grade
NEW ‘Supreme Punishment‘ route: Escondido, Woods Valley, Palomar South Grade (up), Palomar Observatory, Palomar East Grade (down), Cole Grade, Lilac Road, Old Castle Road, Old 395
- Start & Finish: Escondido Humane Society | 3450 East Valley Parkway, Escondido CA 92027
- Start Times: 7.00am, 7.30am and 8am. Registration packet pick up from 6.30am.
- Please note, only advanced registered riders are guaranteed a swag bag stuffed with cool items
- Volunteers??: Yes, we’re always looking for cool people to help out with our events. In return we can offer a free entry into the event.
More detailed information on the event will be sent to registered participants.
If you have any questions, please contact Jo at email@example.com.