These camps will build a solid foundation for more intense riding and training later on in the season. Base camps cover anywhere from 60 to 90 miles with up to 5,000 feet of elevation daily over a 5-day period (4-day period for women specific base camp)
We shape base camps for riders of all levels; multiple Ride Leaders will ride along at paces that allow all various groups of riders to complete every ride. Base camps are truly about building up your legs and endurance, and we will ensure that’s exactly what you do!
Base Camp At-A-Glance
- Most (but not all) days will have 2 mileage options
- Short rides will be ~60 miles
- Long rides will be ~90 miles
- Daily climbing between 4,000 and 7,000 feet
- Endurance pace, with designated regrouping areas
- Climbing is imperative for building a base; don’t shy away!
- SAG support on long rides
- Support follow car on selected days
- Mechanical assistance for minor issues
- Major mechanicals will be addressed by a trusted local resource when the day’s ride is completed
- Daily on-the-road coaching from certified CCSD Ride Leaders
- Open and ongoing Q&A welcome and encouraged!
- Excellent skills clinics for riders of all levels (We ALL need these hints and reminders!)
- Group riding and group racing
- Descending and cornering
- Pacing and nutrition
- Mechanical know-how
- Last but not least: FOOD!
- Complementary sponsor-supplied energy bars, gels, and drinks will be available to you every day
- The home-base hotel offers a continental breakfast each morning
- Dinner is also on you. A cost-conscious dining options at local affordable eateries with solid food options for everyone
- Home-base hotels usually have room options with a refrigerator and microwave for riders who wish to supplement meals
Base Camp Dates:
Women Specific Camps: see HERE
- January 21-25, 2013: Alpine, CA (Register)
- February 4-8, 2013: Temecula, CA (Register)
- February 18-22, 2013: Temecula, CA (Register)
More in-depth formation, pricing and details about: