These camps will build a solid foundation for more intense riding and training later on in the season. Base camps cover anywhere from 60 to 90 miles with up to 5,000 feet of elevation daily over a 5-day period
We shape base camps for riders of all levels; multiple Ride Leaders will ride along at paces that allow all various groups of riders to complete every ride. Base camps are truly about building up your legs and endurance, and we will ensure that’s exactly what you do!
- Most days have 2 mileage options
- Short rides will be ~60 miles
- Long rides will be ~90 miles
- Daily climbing between 4,000 and 7,000 feet
- Endurance pace, with designated regrouping areas
- Climbing is imperative for building a base; don’t shy away!
- SAG support
- Fully stocked, follow car on most days
- Mechanical assistance
- Daily on-the-road coaching from certified CCSD Ride Leaders
- Open and ongoing Q&A welcome and encouraged!
- Excellent skills clinics for riders of all levels (We ALL need these hints and reminders!)
- Group riding, group racing and bike handling skills
- Descending and cornering
- Improving climbing
- Pacing and nutrition
- Mechanical know-how and understanding your equipment
- Last but not least: FOOD!
- Complementary sponsor-supplied energy bars, gels, and drinks will be available to you every day
- The home-base hotel offers a continental breakfast each morning
- Dinner is also on you. A cost-conscious dining options at local affordable eateries with solid food options for everyone
- Home-base hotels usually have room options with a refrigerator and microwave for riders who wish to supplement meals
Early Season Base Camp Dates:
February 2 to 6, 2015 (Monday to Friday): Temecula (Registration)
February 6 to 8, 2015 (Friday to Sunday): Temecula (Registration)
February 16 to 20, 2015 (Monday to Friday): Temecula (Registration)
February 20 to 22, 2015 (Friday to Sunday): Temecula (Registration)
Women Specific Camps: see HERE