Mammoth Lakes High Altitude Endurance Training Camp
On Hold for 2014.
Tackle the climbs of the Eastern Sierras: Rock Creek, White Mountain & South Lake. Perfect training for those considering Everest Challenge, Furnace Creek 508 or other long endurance or multi day rides.
New Athletes $499 + reg fee
Returning Athletes $449 + reg fee
Camp Fee Includes:
- Daily professional coaching in both group and one-on-one settings
- All food, snacks, and sports nutrition, while on the road riding
- Pre-mapped routes plus on-the-road cycling guides
- Access to the CCSD bank of written materials on cycling topics
- Mechanical support before, during, and after the rides
- Assistance with bike rental if required
- Daily Q&A with USA Cycling-certified coaches
- Access to coaches and follow-up after the trip
- SAG support, mechanical assistance, unlimited energy drink, energy gels and bars, handouts, talks, and coaching
Camp fee Excludes:
- Accommodation: After registering, CCSD will provide a few recommendations for lodging. There are many options in Mammoth Lakes from hotels to motels, B&Bs to lodges, and always VRBO.
Kirkwood Near Death Experience has been cancelled, BUT camp will still happen!
June 5 to 8, 2014 (Thursday night to Sunday afternoon)
Contact us directly, if interested: firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 917.543.2670.
The “Nearly” Near Death Experience will happen, even though Kirkwood cancelled the camp. CCSD will still run the camp. We’ve reduced the price and found another location in South Lake Tahoe, CA.
Experience all passes in the Death Ride split during the 3-day camp—including a chance to climb 10,000 feet over two of the Death Ride passes in one day! Highlights include on-the-road training modules focused on climbing, descending, bike fit/position and instruction in pacing, breathing and focus. Included are evening clinics and seminars, covering such topics as nutrition, altitude, performance drills, quick mechanical fixes, strength and conditioning and more.
Athletes $450 + reg fee
Camp Fee Includes:
- Camp fee includes all breakfasts and lunches (Friday morning to Sunday lunch), SAG support, mechanical assistance, unlimited energy drink, energy gels and bars, handouts, seminars, clinics, and on-the-road coaching.
Camp Fee Excludes:
- Accommodation: We have arranged a group rate in South Lake Tahoe, CA, which includes breakfast. After you register, we’ll send details on lodging.
High-Altitude Endurance Training Camp Requirements
A compact crank set with a minimum easiest gear of 34-28 is STRONGLY recommended in order to successfully complete camp rides. For some riders, a triple ring crank set may be necessary. Please have your bike ready with this correct gear setting prior to arriving at camp.
HELMETS ARE MANDATORY ON ALL CAMP RIDES.
High-Altitude Endurance Training Camp Commencement
High-Altitude Endurance Training Camps always begin with a pre-camp coaching talk. This gets you prepped for the week/weekend, allows you to meet your fellow riders, provides time to complete required paperwork, and helps us get a feel for who’ve we’ve got with us and what everyone would like to get out of their time at camp.
Please make sure your travel arrangements accommodate getting to the designated home-base hotel in time for the pre-camp talk and meet and greet.
More information about the pre-camp talk and the camp schedule will be provided as soon as you register!
Please note our camp cancellation / transfer policies here