Join CCSD for our newest offering, MTB Camps. Add to your road training camp experience by flying in early and opening up your legs on the trails of San Diego. We’ll help line you up with an MTB rental.
Mountain Biking Camps At-A-Glance
Led by Mark Rago, Leadville 100 and La Ruta finisher & endurance MTBing coach, you’ll tackle San Diego’s best terrain, while learning new techniques. These camps will teach you, improve upon, or hone your MTBing, whether you are a weekend MTB recreational biker preparing for your local rides, a regional racer gearing up for your next cross-country event, a 24-hour endurance animal, or looking to get ready for Leadville 100.
July 11 to 14, 2013: MTB High-Altitude Endurance Training Camp
Four day camp, located in Mammoth Lakes, CA, for those interested in 12-, 24- or 100-mile MTB endurance events. Learn and understand advanced techniques in high-altitude training, climbing, descending, skills, and nutrition. Mammoth Lakes has the perfect terrain for mid-season MTB preparation.
January 26, 2013: Beginner’s MTBing One-Day Camp
One day camp with 20-25 miles of riding in the San Diego mountains. Perfect for beginner’s who wish to cover basic bike handling skills, plus gain tips on bike maintenance and preparation, and on-the-bike nutritional strategies.
Feb 1 to 3, 2013: MTB Event Training Camp
Three day camp to prepare you for your next MTB event. This camp is a great tune-up for the Sagebrush MTB Race. Learn intermediate and advanced bike handling techniques, plus race strategy and tactics, including nutritional strategies.
March 14 to 17, 2013: MTB Endurance Training Camp ($699)
Four day camp for those interested in 12-, 24-, or 100 mile MTB endurance events. You made the cut for entry into Leadville 100 or similar event and now you need to understand advanced techniques in event preparation and racing. San Diego has the perfect terrain and weather for early season endurance MTB preparation.
All Camps include:
- SAG support
- Mechanical assistance for minor issues
- Major mechanicals will be addressed by a trusted local resource when the day’s ride is completed
- Daily on-the-trail coaching from certified CCSD Ride Leaders
- Open and ongoing Q&A welcome and encouraged!
- Last but not least: FOOD!
- Complementary sponsor-supplied energy bars, gels, and drinks will be available to you every day
- The home-base hotel offers a continental breakfast each morning
- Dinner is also on you. A cost-conscious dining options at local affordable eateries with solid food options for everyone
- Home-base hotel usually has room options with a refrigerator and microwave for riders who wish to supplement meals
*Bike rental available for an extra charge
Mountain Biking Training Camp Dates
- January 26, 2013: Beginner’s MTBing One-Day Camp (Registration TK)
- Feb 1 to 3, 2013: MTB Event Training Camp (Registration TK)
- March 14 to 17, 2013: MTB Endurance Training Camp (Registration TK)
- July 11 to 14, 2013: MTB High-Altitude Endurance Training Camp (Register)
More in-depth information, pricing and details: