- 4 - 5 days (Monday - Friday / Thursday - Sunday)
- Rides from 60 to 90 miles with up to 5,000 feet of elevation daily
- Climbing is imperative for building a base; don’t shy away!
- Endurance pace, with designated regrouping areas
- Base camps are truly about building up your legs and endurance, and we will ensure that’s exactly what you do!
- Location: Temecula, CA
- Price: New Athletes $599 + reg fee for 5 day or $479 + reg fee for 4 day. Returning Athletes $549 + reg fee for 5 day or $429 + reg fee for 4 day.
- Is this camp for you?
- We shape base camps for riders of all levels; multiple ride leaders will be on the road allowing riders of various speeds and fitness levels to complete rides. The emphasis is on endurance pace and building a solid base
- Riders should be comfortable completing a 50 mile hilly ride
- Riders should have experience riding in a group and comfortable in traffic
- This camp is not suitable for those who are new to road cycling
What to expect
- Excellent skills clinics for riders of all levels (We ALL need these hints and reminders!) e.g.
- Group riding, group racing and bike handling skills
- Descending and cornering
- Improving climbing
- Pacing and nutrition
- Mechanical know-how and understanding your equipment
- Short and long route options on rides
- Full on the road professional level support with follow car
- Mechanical assistance before, during and after rides
- All sports nutrition, gels, bars, on the road snacks
- One on one coaching with experienced, certified coaches
- Ride leaders on the road with you. No one is left behind
- Open and ongoing Q&A welcome and encouraged!
Hotel, travel and evening meals not included
- Hotels offers a continental breakfast each morning
- The SAG vehicles is stocked with food and snacks and you have plenty of time in the afternoon to grab lunch
- Dinner is on you and optional (although this is always a fun part of camp). A cost-conscious dining option is chosen at local eateries with a variety of dietary needs taken into consideration
- Home-base hotels usually have room options with a refrigerator and microwave for riders who wish to supplement meals
Each camp day is a little different but below is a rough guide for what a day might look like. A full camp schedule will be sent to registered riders.
- Pre-camp briefing (evening before or morning of camp)
- Camp days usually start between 8am and 9am
- Short, pre-ride skills clinic or educational component
- 3 - 7 hours fully supported ride with on the road coaching, plenty of regroups and our support car is always out on the road to assist you if necessary
- Time to chill after the ride, grab lunch, nap etc.
- Afternoon / early evening seminar and time to address specific personal goals / issues with coaches
- In the evening we meet for dinner at a local restaurant. This is not obligatory but a nice option for those traveling to the camp
Location and Accommodation
Temecula: Fairfield Inn & Suites, Temecula
Temecula is located 50 miles north of San Diego, CA, and still retains some appearance of an Old West town. In spite of this appearance, Temecula is a modern town and has many services within walking distance. The town is located at 700 feet elevation and has many surrounding traffic-free roads that take in the Southern California coastal range scenery.